- 1/2 kg small red tomatoes
- Fresh Thyme leaves or Basil (My Dad's preferred addition)
- 4 Fresh Garlic Cloves, crushed with the back of a knife
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Palm Sugar or Cane Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kalongi or Nigella Seeds
- 2 fresh green chilis, slit.
- Sea Salt
Cut tomatoes into fours. Heat oil in frying pan, sputter kalongi, add green chillies and garlic.
Add tomatoes and braise slowly with a lid on for 5 minutes. Ad palm sugar and salt, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, until stewed. Remove from flame.
Once that's done mix in the 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar.
Garnish with Thyme or Basil and,
(Thank to Ma & Pa for the Pictures and recipes, more to come...)