Thursday 15 January 2009

MELVIN IN HAVANA PART 2- Concordia No.418 /Gervasio y Escobar. Centro Habana. Ciudad de la Habana. Cuba.

After my Pollo experience my gastronomic spirts were down. I needed something to get my juices flowing. Luckily I found myself at the British ambassadors house for drinkie poos, and she pointed my sorry ass in the direction of La Guarida a paladar which are places to eat in peoples houses. La Guarida is in the old town and like all the buildings in the old town was absolutely amazing. As you walk in through the giant wooden doors, up the dimly lit stairs you feel as if your entering a secret hideout. You are actually walking though peoples flats. A kid was kicking a ball against the wall and washing was hanging out to dry. When I reached the third floor I rang on a door bell to get into La Guarida itself. As you can see by the photos its a great setting to munch in. We had pork, seafood, potato's and a side salad. The food was good but not excellent but after POLLO it was just fine.





See all the ways you can stay connected to friends and family

No comments: